Pre-Professional Program

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 4.47.28 PM.png
The best decision I could’ve made as a parent of a dancer was to bring my child to Underground Allegro.
— Elizabeth W., UADC Parent

Underground Allegro was created by Callie Marik in 2016. After spending eight years teaching at different competitive studios, Callie realized that with each program something was missing. Underground Allegro is a highly competitive, technique-based company. While we do compete at up to six competitions per season, the student's technique is never sacrificed. We are a program for dancers looking to train at a pre-professional level while still enjoying and competing styles outside of ballet.

What makes Underground Allegro different from so many other programs is the consistent, technique-based program. We hold a high standard of teaching and build a dancer’s work ethic first and foremost. Students spend 75% of their time in ballet, jazz, and contemporary technique classes and the other 25% in rehearsal. We focus on building dancers who are confident in their ability, not merely the routine they are competing that season. Our staff believes that this is what makes a dancer the most successful and most easily hired.